benefits of good drinking water
Our bodies are primarily constituted of water; varying between 60-70 percent in men, women, and children. Water forms the base of human life and existence, and therefore it is essential to keep ourselves hydrated with good quality water intake. Just like how healthy machinery requires continuous maintenance and oiling, human body too is a marvelous piece of machinery in which water ensures the smooth functioning of bodily activities.There are many health benefits of drinking good quality water;
- It is popularly accepted that dehydration leads to body cramps. Hence ensuring correct water intake prevents muscle pulls, cramping, headaches, and prevents fatigue.
- The leading cause of bad breath is a dry mouth. Correct hydration would help you carry a fresh breath throughout the day.
- The benefits of drinking water on skin are a winner deal. It helps in flushing out toxins from our system, which improves complexion and clears skin breakouts.
- It helps avoid constipation, and accelerates flushing out of byproducts from the body, while also helping to prevent kidney stones. Hence we can also observe many benefits of drinking water on weight loss and maintenance of correct body temperature.
- Consequently,a healthy digestive system promotes better immune system, and overall better mood.
Throughout the day as we perspire, urinate and breathe, our bodies lose out their water quantity.. It is held that every individual must have an estimate of 6-8 glasses of water each day. But one may understand that one size never fits all. The recommended intake for women is between 2-2.5 liters of water a day and 2.5-3 liters for men. It is also important to not overdo ones’ consumption, since excess water intake will lead to excessive urination and consequently salt loss from body. The best way to keep your intake under check is to follow your thirst. Human bodies are intelligent and automated machines, and your thirst is usually always the best indicator of your required water consumption.